Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, I can give all my attention to my most favorite part of the year. Christmas in our house is quite an extravaganza - starting with the seven hours it took for Matt and Owen to put up the Christmas lights on the house on Sunday. Luckily we cleaned the front yard and bagged what looked like a carpet of leaves...
I spend Saturday putting all of the small touches together inside the house. We have yet to get a tree though, that will come this Sunday. Then after a fun night out on Saturday, our decorating party started a little later than expected. But, all in all, the day was successful as you can see!
 Because we don't have a mantle or fireplace to put the stockings, I use easy to remove hooks, and then hide them with a bow or some other accent!
 Starting outdoors seems a little odd with our pumpkins still holding strong! The mums are a different story. What to do with two huge pumpkins now that December is just around the corner?
And the (almost) finished product in the dark for all to see! Apparently there are still some additional things needed, but I think it looks great! The actual tree will come next week, and again I will be sure to share pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment